You are invited to be part of an
Equitation Judges Clinic with Pauline McClements
Pauline McClements is extremely well known in the Showjumping circles, recognised especially for her expertise and passion for Showjumping Equitation.
She has judged at Pony Club State Equitation for many years, and is listed as one of the few EA and PCA Showjumping Equitation Judges in the area north of Sydney. Pauline feels honoured to have been associated with Zone 23 in the 80’s and 90’s where our Olympians Edwina Alexander and Shane Rose had their Pony Club experiences. She has judged and volunteered at many of the Pony Clubs, and simply loves to see children and adults ride up to a jump balanced and happy.
Pauline is eager to share her experience and offer you the chance to become an EA Showjumping Equitation Judge.
When: Saturday 30th May 2015
RSVP by Friday 15th May 2015 please
Time: Starting time 9am sharp, finish Approx. 3pm
Where: Port Macquarie Pony Club Grounds, Stuarts Park, Hibbard Drive, Port Macquarie
Breakfast/Morning Tea/Lunch: Full canteen available all day (menu attached for your convenience)
What to bring:
Sunhat, pens/pencils, clipboard, horse-friendly footwear (boots) Plus a sense of humour and enthusiasm!
Who is eligible:
This clinic is open to ANYONE who is interested in learning more about Showjumping Equitation and Showjumping Equitation Judging.
Cost: $30 – Includes tuition on the day and handouts, as well as tuition on 31st May, Kendall.
NB: Numbers will be limited – Dont miss out! Please return nomination form before Friday 15th May 2015 – preference given to those registered and paid.
Please Note: All non members of Pony Club or EA will be required to sign a waiver
Further Enquiries: Please contact Pauline on 0417252827 or email email@example.com
Download the Equitation Judges Clinic registration form here
How does the day work?
- Arrive 8:30 am – Register and complimentary cuppa (breakfast available for purchase if you wish! See menu)
- 9:00am Opening Session – History and theory of Showjumping Equitation. Followed by basic showjumping rules, score sheet, explanations of terms, balance position and movement of horse before and after jump (Questions may be asked at any time).
- Practical Session – Watching riders before scoring/accessing them before they jump. Followed by riders completing a small showjumping course: this may be individual scoring by participants, or a group ( depends on numbers), followed by discussions and feedback with Pauline.
Outline tasks which may be included in the afternoon session
- Lunch – see menu attached – canteen open all day
- Practical Session – Decide on tasks to be completed, walk course to ensure tasks are possible and able to be seen from judging position. Judge riders and assess tasks followed by feedback and discussions. Finally, question time etc.
Note: The following day, Sunday 31st May, a special “Equitation Showjump Ring” is being set up at the Camden Haven Show Society’s monthly showjumping event, for participants to judge two Equitation events. The events will be open to riders attending the showjumping day. The course will be built by EA Level 2 Course Designer, Mr Ron Porter, and the tasks will be set prior to each competition by the participants. After each event the results will be compared and discussed. Riders will be presented with ribbons and the most successful rider (junior and senior), over the two rounds, will be presented with a trophy. Those interested in participating in the judging or pencilling are asked to indicate on the application form attached please.